owzoneplant 12 Trees 2.5'' Potted Eastern Canadian Hemlock Hardy Established Heavily Rooted by owzoneplant at Think Earth Shop. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Add grace and charm to your landscape with an Eastern Hemlock, also known as a Canadian Hemlock. The Eastern Hemlock tree is among the most common
Product Description & Reviews
Add grace and charm to your landscape with an Eastern Hemlock, also known as a Canadian Hemlock. The Eastern Hemlock tree is among the most common evergreen tree growing in the forests of eastern North America. This graceful, densely-branched evergreen displays soft, feathery deep-green needles throughout the year. Its willowy branches are adorned with an abundance of small brown cones of about a ½" - 1" in length. Providing food and shelter for a variety of wildlife, the Eastern Hemlock is great when used as an accent specimen, screening, groupings or foundation planting. Unlike most conifers, this slow growing, long-lived tree can tolerate shade quite well. Taking anywhere from 250 to 300 years to reach maturity, a mature tree can grow up to 40'-70' in height with a spread of 25'-35' and live for 800 years or more! The Eastern Hemlock prefers to grow in moist, well-drained, loamy, sandy, acidic soil and with full sun to part shade. Hardiness Zones 3-8.
Features & Highlights
- Mature Size (H x W): 40'-70' X 25'-35' Soil: Average, moist, well-drained, acidic soil; loamy, sand
- Hardiness Zones: 3-8 Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Characteristics: Soft, feathery deep-green needles Fruit: Soft, brown cones are ½" - 1" long
- Growth Rate: Slow Tolerance: Deer, shade and black walnut
- Intolerance: Drought, wind or heavy soil
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by owzoneplant, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brighter Blooms
- Low maintenance & easy to grow- The best ficus to grow indoors- Very disease resistantVery Popular as a Potted PlantYou often see these trees near doorways, in waiting rooms and in office buildings. They're so popular because they're extremely lo...
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States Climate: Sub-tropical, Temperate, Tropical Plant Name: Ceylon Cinnamon Tree Plant Form: Plant Plant Category: Orchids & Tropicals Sunlight: Partial Shade Tree Type: Exotic Landscape Plant Foliage: Evergree...
mpn: RF-3000, ean: 0698035191680,
Designed for professional landscapers and arborists, the Rittenhouse RF-3000 Professional Root Feeder and Soil Injector can be used for injecting nutrients into the soil around trees, shrubs, and evergreens. Feeding your trees and shrubs with nutrien...