Kallay Juniper Qty 60 Live Plants Groundcover by Florida Foliage at Think Earth Shop. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. 60 count trays of fully rooted 2'' Kallay Juniper. Kallay's Compact' is a dwarf, shrubby, pfitzer-type juniper that typically grows to only 3' tall
Product Description & Reviews
60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Kallay Juniper. Kallay's Compact' is a dwarf, shrubby, pfitzer-type juniper that typically grows to only 3' tall with horizontally-spreading branching that forms a somewhat flat top. Adult, scale-like, medium green needles are soft to the touch. Foliage is attractive year round. Foliage is fragrant when crushed. Pollinated female plants produce fleshy seed cones (whitish-blue berries) that generally acquire brown tones as they mature over two years. Synonymous with and sometimes listed as J. chinensis 'Kallay's Compact' and J. x media 'Kallay's Compact'.
Features & Highlights
- The Juniper 'Kallay Pfitzer', Juniperus chinensis 'Kallays Compacta', is a select and improved form of compact pfiltzer that is one of the best evergreens for hot, poor, dry soils in city conditions
- It is a vigorous grower with a dense, compact growth habit. 'Kallay Pfitzer' has fine bright green, thick foliage, and sometimes blue or reddish fruits follow the small white flowers.
- Having a sweet fragrance when crushed, this low maintenance and compact, flat-topped shrub is drought tolerant once established. It is tolerant of a wide variety of soils including clay, but intolerant of wet soils.
- Kallay's Compact Juniper will grow to be about 24 inches tall at maturity, with a spread of 5 feet. It tends to fill out right to the ground and therefore doesn't necessarily require facer plants in front. It grows at a slow rate, and under ideal conditions can be expected to live for approximately 30 years.
- Search: Florida Foliage To See Our Full Collection
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Florida Foliage, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By AMERICAN PLANT EXCHANGE
mpn: B07F6T23D3, ean: 0689756507355,
Upright, Emerald plumes make Foxtail Fern a gorgeous accent plant for container groupings or staging among tropical. This beautiful house plant is easy to grow & some say more decorative than its close relative, the asparagus fern. Stems are densely ...
By Green Promise Farms
mpn: SHPR03, ean: 0724529114726,
PRUNUS CISTENA A very tolerant plant with intense purple-red foliage that shows stunningly throughout the summer. Small, single pink flowers line the branches before foliage flushes in late April and are very effective. Good plant for hedging, border...
By Hancock Seed Company
Hancock's Spring & Summer Food Plot Seed Mix offers four high-quality, high-protein legumes to bring in the deer when native browse has become tough and low in nutrition. Hancock's Spring & Summer Food Plot Seed Mix will provide high protein nutrit...