Black Sapote Tropical Fruit Trees 3 Feet Height in 3 Gallon Pot #BS1 by iniloplant at Think Earth Shop. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A tree grown from seeds may take 5 to 6 years to flower. Harvest time for black sapote fruits varies through December to February and June to August.
Product Description & Reviews
A tree grown from seeds may take 5 to 6 years to flower. Harvest time for black sapote fruits varies through December to February and June to August. Black sapote fruits are usually harvested unripe at the time when they are fully grown (2 - 6 inches in diameter) and their skin color changes from shiny green to dull green. Because it is grafted plant ability fruit next season,but recommend take off the flowers in the first 1~2 years so that it put's it's energy into growing roots, branches and foliage so that it will handle the fruit in the third year.
Features & Highlights
- You are purchasing on Black Sapote (Bernecker) Tropical Fruit Trees
- Plant around 3 feet height in 3 gallon pot. Plants shipping without container. will be wrapped and fastened safely in our packaging
- The black sapote is an evergreen subtropical fruit tree, which is native to Central America and Mexico and cultivated for its tasty fruit. It belongs to the persimmon genus. It's a stately tree with large foliage. It can reach 15~20 m in height. The trunk is grooved, about 70 cm in diameter with dark bark.
- Black sapote fruits are also called chocolate pudding fruit due to their taste. When ripe, the fruits are left with the shell slightly "wrinkled", of green-brown color, they look withered. They are harvested just before the full maturity.
- Its leaves are simple, leathery, elliptic to oblong, tapered at the edges, bright and dark green in color. The flowers appear in the leaf axils, solitary or in small clusters. They are tubular and small. Black sapote flowers may have male and female organs at the same time, or only male. The fruits are about 2-6 inches in diameter. The pulp of the unripe fruit is initially white, astringent and irritating, but the maturation makes it brown and even black and it becomes sweet and juicy, though sl
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by iniloplant, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Guavas are primarily self-fruitful, although some strains seem to produce more fruit when cross-pollinated with another variety. Guavas can bloom throughout the year in mild-winter areas, but the heaviest bloom occurs with the onset of warm weather i...
Your family can enjoy these large, delicious bright red strawberries in spring, summer & fall--three seasons of sweetness. This new day-neutral Strawberry starts fruiting about 3 months from planting, regardless of when you plant it. The hard-working...
Spring & early summer are the peak season for Cherimoya fruit harvest. Harvest the fruit when they turn pale yellow green, & are slightly soft to the touch. Flavor can be improved if fruit is harvested slightly unripe, then left to ripen at room temp...