Asiatic Jasmine Minima - 40 Live Plants 2'' Pot Size - Trachelospermum Asiaticum - Drought Tolerant Cold Hardy Evergreen Ground Cover by Florida Foliage at Think Earth Shop. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Florida Foliage. Fully rooted, 2'' Asiatic Jasmine Minima groundcover. Vigorous twining or sprawling vine.
Product Description & Reviews
Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Florida Foliage. Fully rooted, 2" Asiatic Jasmine Minima groundcover. Vigorous twining or sprawling vine. An effective groundcover, or give it support to climb fence, trellis, arbor. Good in cascading planters. Evergreen. Perfect high maintenance turf alternative.
Asiatic Jasmine Minima is a woody, vining plant that is preferred by many designers and commercial landscapers for its capability to form dense mats of foliage that suppresses weed growth. Asiatic Jasmine Minima is often used as a substitute for turf since it is much more drought-tolerant and can be controlled by once a year mowing. It prefers partial shade and rich soil with ample moisture. However, it will also survive in full sun or shade, and will adapt to most soils.
This sturdy groundcover has few pest or disease problems, and rarely requires pesticides. It is somewhat drought tolerant, and once established it does not require irrigation so long as there is normal rainfall. Asiatic Jasmine Minima is often selected for use in difficult to maintain places with harsh environments such as traffic islands and urban plantings.
Asiatic Jasmine Minima is often confused with Confederate Jasmine. Both are not a true Jasmine and look similar when small, however they have substantially different growing patterns and uses. Confederate Jasmine has a larger leaf, a noticeable, fragrant flower and is more of a climbing vine that can grow upwards to 2 feet tall. Asiatic Jasmine Minima is more of a ground cover that is less likely to climb and very rarely flowers. Due to these difference, Confederate Jasmine and Asiatic Jasmine Minima are generally not considered appropriate substitutions.
Features & Highlights
- Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Florida Foliage. Asiatic jasmine is an evergreen, vine-like woody plant that is commonly used in landscapes due to its hardiness and drought tolerance. Native to Japan and Korea, Trachelospermum asiaticum is a low maintenance groundcover that is great for mass plantings and turfgrass alternatives. It's an ideal plant for people who want an attractive garden without all the hard work. In shady areas, it also provides needed texture and variation.
- Once established, Asiatic jasmine requires very little maintenance to keep it looking nice. Most people use this groundcover where turfgrass won't grow, as Asiatic jasmine will tolerate many growing conditions and suppresses weed growth.
- Asiatic jasmine requires little mowing, but edges should be trimmed occasionally. It should be used in low traffic areas, as it doesn't withstand foot traffic well. This plant is easier to control when neglected. Too much water, sun, or fertilizer can make it aggressive and unruly.
- It is salt tolerant and can be grown in coastal areas. This versatile plant can even be grown in containers and hanging baskets.
- This sturdy groundcover has few pest or disease problems, and rarely requires pesticides. It is somewhat drought tolerant, and once established it does not require irrigation so long as there is normal rainfall. Asiatic Jasmine Minima is often selected for use in difficult to maintain places with harsh environments such as traffic islands and urban plantings.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Florida Foliage, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Grimm's Gardens
Blue Moon Wisteria is a cultivar of the native Kentucky wisteria. This hardy wisteria is a vigorous, quick growing vine. 6-12' racemes of pea like, blue flowers bloom 2-3 times during summer months. These fragrant blooms give way to velvety, bean li...
By King's Treasury
1, 2, 3 or 6 plants to an order. With more than 28 years of experience, Knights Grapevine Nursery has developed its own strict testing processes designed to guard against viruses. Thus, every vine is ensured to be clean, high quality to establish you...