2 Gallon Potted Plant Fuyu Persimmon Tree V2 by Iniloplant at Think Earth Shop. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Fuyu Persimmons are sweet and able to be eaten right off the tree, no need to set them out for weeks, waiting for them to ripen! Fuyu is the most
Product Description & Reviews
Fuyu Persimmons are sweet and able to be eaten right off the tree, no need to set them out for weeks, waiting for them to ripen! Fuyu is the most popular persimmon in the world, accounting for about 80% of persimmon sales. Fuyu will typically start to ripen in September, and has the ability to produce over 300 pounds of fruit a year when mature. While self pollinating, it will produce more fruit if a second Fuyu is nearby to cross-pollinate with.. The fruit is round or oval and usually orange yellow in color and sometimes bluish. The fruit ripens from September to November or occasionally a little earlier. When the fruit is fully ripened it can be lightly shaken from the tree, or found on the ground below, it is sweet, juicy, and delicious. Persimmons are used in baking and when dried are similar to dates. The leaves are used to make tea. Sweet treats not only for humans, but the deer will love them also. If you really want to bring the deer in close, consider planting a large grove of Persimmon trees. The fruit is also enjoyed by squirrel, fox, skunk, deer, bear and various birds. Images are of mature plants and are for reference only.
Features & Highlights
- You are purchasing a persimmon two 2 gallon potted plant. Hardy, heavy established roots
- Hardiness zones: 7-11 // soil: fertile, moist, well drained soil // sun exposure: full sun // characteristics: oval glossy green, 6" leaves that turn yellow or pink in the fall
- Botanical name: diospyros kaki 'fuyu' // easy to care for and maintain. Deciduous, fruit bearing tree. Valuable to wildlife. "deer candy. Great accent or specimen; edible landscaping // year round interest. Ships in a pot with soil
- Mature size (h x w): 12'-15' x 10'-12' // bloom: white to yellow // fruit: round, medium sized, yellow to orange persimmons that ripen in the fall // growth rate: moderate // tolerance: a little shade and a variety of soil // intolerance: waterlogged soil
- tip: potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well lit cool/cold area (ie. Garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Iniloplant, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
1 Bulb of Musa (ABB group) MUSA BLUE JAVA (ICE CREAM) Banana, "Kluai Nam Wa Naun Jun", Kluai Pisang Awak, Family : MUSACEAE , plant in Thailand. This price includes the fee of the Phytosanitary Certificate. Product Name : 1 Bulb of Musa (ABB group) B...
The Jumbo has a flavor similar to an Asian pear, with a watermelon-like texture. Protruding slightly at the blossom end, the Wax apple has a large seed cavity, often removed before serving Flowering from February to March, from bud formation to fruit...
June Plums are compact trees that are perfect for even the smallest gardens. Only growing to about 6~8 feet tall, they can be planted anywhere.They're even perfect for containers! Place them in a pot and keep them on your porch, patio, This low main...